Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

C.J. Oster wrote:

> >I'm pretty sure the 82 and maybe 83 have it, because on ticalc.org, in
> >the turbo docs, it says that the same proceedure can be used on the 82,
> >the capacitor is just in a different spot.
>
> Then how come the 83 is faster than the 85?  I've been told that the 82 is
> as well.  On the same note, why does the calculator slow down considerably
> when the ram is close to full.  There is a good half second delay between
> the time I hit enter, and when I get the answer.  But if I erase my ram, it
> is almost instantaneous.  Any ideas?
>                                       -C.J.-

Since the 82, and 83 actually came out after the 85 they mighta found a
way to make it faster or optimizwe the os.

I can think of two ideas for the ram
#1 it may need more power to keep more ram active, taking it away from
the CPU and slowing everything
or more probably
#2 it may use the ram for calculating answers, so it has to shuffle
things around when ram is low, almost like having virtual memory on a
real 'puter.

<pre>
--
Christopher Poole

| !!!!! PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING UPDATED INFORMATION !!!!! |

e-mail -> poole.christopher@paradox.net
WWW -> http://www.paradox.net/homepages/poole
My Own Web Server -> http://poole.christopher.paradox.net
                     (only avalible when I'm on-line, check
                     it out and you can chat with me on-line!)
</pre>