Re: TI-H: RF link idea again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RF link idea again

travisp wrote:

> Me again with some more q/c's about my proposed RF link.
>
> I'll be getting very shortly a schematic for a cheap RF transmitter.
> (Thanks, CJ Oster!) I need someone to tell me how to make an RF receiver.
> Something with a coil and diode. (?) The coil tunes, but how? I'll need
> schematics for that. A WWW site would be appreciated for a GIF. TI's send
> and receive on different wires accross a link, so for RF, two differnt
> frequencies would be needed. When i slice my link, which wire sends and

I am pretty sure the sending calc writes (for the TI-protocaol) to either
the white or red wire(to indicate 1 or 0), and then the recieving calc
pulls down the other wire to indicate that it has got it.  You can't have
one for each because there is no timing mechanism.

> which receives? and what is the other one for? What frequencies will get
> the laes intreference? I want to stay off of the standard radio bands,
> probably below, because (i think?) above is police and whatnot. Am I right?
> Should I try AM or FM?

I would try a higher frequency  than AM, because that's at the end of the
spectrum, I think.  You wouldn't want to have it anywhere on AM cause
people would turn on their radio and hear noise :(  But maybe we could
hsave a TI radio station :) WTIC

> All help will be greatfully acccepted in hopes of completing this project
> one day.
> Thanks again, Travis
>
> P.S. I'm in favor of RF over IR because of this one reason: IR has to have
> a clear path between the sender and receiver. RF can go through concrete
> walls. A definite advantage,I agree

>    _
>     Travis Pettijohn  travisp@inil.com    |_|
>     http://www.inil.com/users/travisp/