Re: TI-H: Q and C about long distence links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Q and C about long distence links

First, you tell the person, "Hey, lets play Z-Pong linked with my RF link!
Plug it into your port, turn it on, and start the program!" To the
calculator, it would think it's connected via a cable. Second, RF and IR
can be tuned to operate at different frequencies, so when I link to you, we
are on one freq., and someone else in the area is on a different freq. Only
the 2 calcs with matching frequencies would link. "Won't there be terrible
interference with an RF link?" you probably ask. Ask yourself, "When I turn
on the radio to 101.1 FM, do I also hear 103.5 FM?" Your answer is no. So
three calcs wouldn't interfere with one another. It's like your phone call;
you connect over a unique wire. Here, you connect over a unique frequency.
Hope this helps ya get it.

   _
    Travis Pettijohn  travisp@inil.com    |_|
    http://www.inil.com/users/travisp/