Re: TI-H: TI Backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI Backlighting

> I believe I have new life for the backlighting thread...  Over the
> weekend, I went to Wally World and purchased two Indiglo Nightlights for
> $5 apiece.
>
> Once I returned home, I took a knife and pulled the plastic casing apart.
>  Inside, there is a plastic sheet, containing (what I assume to be)
> Indiglo.  In front of this sheet, is a blue panel which protects the
> Indiglo sheet.  Where the 120V AC came into the wall, the Indiglo was
> connected, with no diodes, transformers, or the like.
>
> I took the sheet of Indiglo out and hooked it across a fresh 9v battery.
> Nothing happened.  As the existance of Indiglo watches would lead one to
> believe, Indiglo apparently requires more then the piddly 6v that the TI
> pumps.
>
> Tonight (hopefully), I will pull apart a Radio Shack 120V -> 6V adaptor,
> remove the diodes, and hook it up to 6v current.  May it work...

Umm... the Indiglo probably depends more on the fact that it is AC
that the 120 V.  And you can't increase DC voltage with a simple
trasformer anyway.  Those 120VAC to 6VDC converters are not
reversible.  Good idea tho... does anybody know of any simple
inverter circuits to go from DC to AC?

shakal@ns.net