Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 0.1 capticitor

> >I have been wondering for months where to find a smaller cap, and I
> >recently realised that something that small may actually overclock the
> >TI-85.  If you wan those speeds, just take out c9 and leave it empty.
>
> If one was to do this, then the wave being sent to the Z80 would be
> totally flat, and would have no pulse in order to regulate it's internal
> clock.  Therefore, the Z80 would freeze, and possibly be ruined.

Actually, this is the most common method of accelerating the calc...
I don't think it freezes it. :)  There is still a _very_ small
capacitance, simply because the traces are still there, and this
results in a very high frequency (from what I have heard, about 3 to
3.5 times faster).  And even if the capacitance went to absolute
zero, the frequency would theoretically become infinite.  Wouldn't
that be neat? :)  (Of course, the circuitry wouldn't be able to
handle it...).

shakal@ns.net