Re: ti-emu: eumlating devices on an emulated link port?

[Prev][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: eumlating devices on an emulated link port?

From: David Phillips <david@acz.org>
> The source for VTI is included with it, and although I don't know exactly
> how it works, it does have a "virtual link", allowing two instances of the
> emulator to talk to each other.

I've been looking around in the source, and I see how the virtual link works
and can use it as it is, but I would like to see an additional interface.

Currently it uses custom messages to transmit data bytewise, which
isolates the other application from the actual link port protocol.  This
makes it easy to transmit and receive data using the TI protocol, but
eliminates the possability of using ASM programs which impliment
their own protocols, such as the I2C interface used in some mulituser
chat applications.

Anyway, since I want my hardware to work without drivers, this isn't
an issue, but if any emulator writers are listening and are thinking
about adding virtual link support, it would be nice if both interfaces
were supported! :)

Now, if I could just get one of my calculators to dump their rom!
I tried it with two of my 85's, and I can't get it to work.  One of them
(turboed by removing the cap entierly) just gives a link transmission
error (not suprisingly), and the other, which is turboed with a switch
transmits very slooooooly, on the order of a bit per second or more.

Does anyone have any idea why the rom dump would go so slow?
Transfering ZShell only took a few seconds, so I don't see why the
rom dumper should have any problems with the same link hardware.

Thanks!
DK
--
I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man. It is
us.