Re: ti-emu: ROM Dump Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: ROM Dump Help

>Patrick wrote:
>

>Okay, I downlaoded 'romdump2.zip' and I extracted everything.  Then I
sent the
>rom86.86p to my calc and ran the romdump.exe.  Then I ran the ROM86
program on
>my calc and tryed to send, (I guess) the ROM image to my PC.  But
nothing
>seemed to happen, what should I do.  Please give me as detailed a
description
>as you can.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

The only I can really suggest to do is wait.  If you wait, and the TI-86
program ends, then it's done.  If you run the TI-86 program, and don't
hit a key, it will run indefinately. (I've tried this)  Now, as for how
to use romdump.exe, don't ask me, I couldn't figure it out, and so I
wrote my own romdumping program.  TI86v the new version offers features
to download the rom off your calculator, and gives you updates on how
it's doing, and tells you when it's done.  But, until I get COM and
GraphLink support going, you have to have an LPT port link.  I would try
to look for a TI86.ROM or TI86.BIN, or TI86ROM.BIN  those are the normal
names for rom dumps.

Daniel Foesch