Re: ti-emu: RE: A86: Re: new emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: RE: A86: Re: new emulator

OH! That kinda problem... Well, when I was building my emulator (V86) I put
into it an "XDebug" mode, where I have just a prompt, and can do anything I
want to the memory and registers in the emulator and can execute things one
at a time.  Initially it was VERY basic and everything had to be hand
assembled into the thing, but now it works off pattern matching assembly so
I can actually see what commands I'm really using.  Also, there could be a
problem with your PORT 3, because if you emulate PORT 3 sufficiently
incorrect it will cause the emulated processor to never check the keyboard,
but if you're getting a blinking cursor, then I don't think it can really be
that.

And also, I'm asking for some clarification here, why would you Z80 core
deviate from TI86Emu on the keyboard handler?  The Z80 core is mearly that
part of the program, which emulates the Z80, the wrapping subroutines define
everything non-specific for the Z80 (such as the PORTS)  This is why there
are a number of emulators out there that came out in a very short time, they
borrowed a core and wrote the wrappers, meanwhile some wrote the entire core
themselves, which made the process take 1 1/2 semesters *mumbles under
breath*