Re: [Re: Re: ti-emu: The ROM guy]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Re: Re: ti-emu: The ROM guy]

> parallel cables don't work w/ high speed pcs, unless u have an old card.

Really?  Mine works just fine on my pent 75mhz, even when overcolocked
to 100Mhz.  Im running it in ECP mode through a ZIP drive even!

I've used it with no problems on 200Mhz and 166mhz AMD machines, in
win95 dos and 3.11 dos boxes and everything.

My cable works just fine with every machine.

I found a special schem. for the parallel link that grounds a few more
pins, I'm useing about 3foot of cable with NO shielding.  Mabey it's the
additional grounding of pins?

I've used it on my old PS/2 in the basement, works fine.  I've used it
dozens of times with Gulvana's TI8xEMU with Link support, works fine.
For variable linking, I use CAL.  And of course it works with DUMPXP.

I've never had a problem with it not working.  Are you talking about
+200Mhz machines?  I'll have to try it some time.

Blackhaze