[TIB] Re: Complete!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Complete!

> Output is quite different from Display.  It's basically like comparing what
> you enter when you calculate something compared to what the calculator
> displays as an answer.  For example, if you will have more than 70 tosses
> (and you start on line 2), it will not scroll to show the rest.  Also, if
> you would still do Disp "Successes:",S at the end, it would display on lines
> 2 and 3, overwriting what was already there.
> The actual command is Outpt(, you could find it in the I/O menu while
> programming after pressing MORE twice.
> Another solution (to display more numbers) would be to use the graph screen.
> Then you could output 21 results per line, and you could have as many as
> 9-10 lines, that's over 150 rolls on one screen.  You would probably need to
> do AxesOff, and then use the Text( command.  Of course, then you would need
> an If statement.

Hmm, I'll have to try that. I think the most at one time I'd do is about
40 (one group of troops firing), but having more results per line is a
good thing. I did look at the output command but the way it overwrites
things makes me shy away from using it.

> you don't need the Then and the End if you only have one command in between,
> I believe, i.e. If ROLL>=N:S+1->S would do the same quicker.

Thanks, I'll do this :]

> Also note that RandInt(1,6,D) would create a list with all the tosses,
> although I'm not sure if it would necessarily be quicker, since you still
> need to search for successes.  There's probably a quicker way, but perhaps
> it doesn't matter.

I'll look into this, thanks for the suggestions :]

<EOL>
Tib

Follow-Ups: References: