[TIB] Re: Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[TIB] Re: Question

Okay, so it does leak a little.  For a small menu
program, you won't notice it THAT much.  ;)

Good info though, thanks.  :)

--- robvanwijk@gmx.net wrote:

> I've just checked it, the following program does NOT
> leak
> any memory: (That is, at approx. 1200% of actual
> speed,
> it still didn't give a memory error after 5
> minutes.)
>
> Lbl A
> Goto A
>

> This, however, DOES leak memory (I'm going to assume
> it's two bytes for every Repeat/Goto pair, but I
> wouldn't
> know how to verify this):
>
> Lbl A
> Repeat 1
> Goto A
>
> You probably already know this, but I'd still like
> to note
> that these memory leaks are not permanent, you will
> regain every single byte of it when the program
> exits.
>
> (I can only gaurantee the correctness of this
> information
> for the 83, but it should work the same way for at
> least
> all Z80 calcs (73, 80, 81, 82, 83, 83+, 83+SE, 85,
> 86).)
>
> Grtz,
> Rob van Wijk
>

> > There are a couple of good uses for those commands
> > though.  For instance, in a small program based
> off
> > menus, those commands can be used at pretty good
> > efficiancy.  For variable looping, I wouldn't use
> > them, but they can be useful for earmarking spots
> in
> > smaller progs without much memory leakeage.
> >
> > --- CJ Wallace <WCylan@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> --
> +++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more  http://www.gmx.net
> +++
> NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr für 1 ct/
> Min. surfen!

=====
May Canticta ever rise, rise out of the mire that holds it and become triumphant again!  Long live Corinth!
-Pandrogas
"I am mage, a shadow in the light, a glimmer in the darkness, as eternal as the twilight.  I am the mediation between the storms."
-Pandrogas