TIB: TI-89 Linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: TI-89 Linking

well, i downloaded the ti 89 link software off of ti.com (and obviously ive
run through this all before with the 86), but when i try to send something
(on the home screen, assuming it has the same silent link option as 86 did),
it (the link software) gives me an error message along the lines of "Link
transmission error, 1) the calc isnt on the home screen, 2) the cable is
secure, 3) the cable is in the correct comm port, 4) the cable matches the
one specified in the "Link/Cable type menu" (obviously i checked on all that,
so it's not like i forgot to plug it in or chose the wrong comm port or
something)

i know i selected the right thing to send with, since ive tried both sending
flash software (from "Link: Send flash software", etc. had a step-by-step
thing for that on the ti.com website for the thing i downloaded that needed
that) and a normal file (downloaded something off ticalc.org and tried that
the normal way to see if that was the problem), but both is giving me the
same message.

any idea what's wrong, or does it just not like me?