Re: TIB: Re: Re: Okay, this is just pathetic.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: Re: Okay, this is just pathetic.

Wow, I thought my school was sad...here's the situation at the beginning of
this year (and I'm a freshman, btw):

Computer Science Dept.: Two computer labs full of 4 year old Macs. Can
program in Pascal (Prog I and Prog II), C (C Computer Science), C++ (AP
Computer Science).

Business Dept.: 3 labs, full of new Gateway PCs with NT 4 that we got just
this year. Of course, all you can do on them is MS Office and Internet
surfing. (Note: Before that, they had Win CE based terminals, which were
almost faster than the Macs.) And the PCs are locked, while the the Macs have
Mac Control :(

After this year: 3 new courses for computer science, two of which are MS
Certification courses: WinNT and VB++. Of course, I don't have any room on my
schedule for those, meaning I'll have to wait at least until my junior year,
during which I'll be doing C and AP CS anyway.

Oh well. At least I'm learning Pascal*.

<A HREF="mailto:asimperson@aol.com">A Long E-mail (and pathetic) E-mail from
ASimPerson</A>
<A HREF="mailto:asimweb@aol.com">ASimWeb</A>
<A HREF="http://asimweb.tripod.com">http://asimweb.tripod.com</A>

*As far as that goes, that is. Pascal, while easy to use, isn't exactly
what'd you call a common language.