Re: TIB: rpg game

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: rpg game

ETTamme1@aol.com wrote:

> i think that using a matrix isnt that bad, i talked to a couple of guys on the
> subject of space, and they said space was no object, as long as it was a good
> game. i like the matrix idea personally, because it allows the creation of new
> levels with unbelivable ease.

<Sigh>  You're just addicted to your matrix, aren't you?  Well, I guess
there probably isn't any way to talk you out of it.  Anyway, what do
think of those modifications? (Is that spelled right? It doesn't look
like it)  The only thing that you will have to watch out for is the way
that my version uses those End statements.  If you leave everything
exactly as it is then you, of course, won't have any problems.  Just be
careful when you add the other parts of your program.  If you notice
that there are actually more ends than there are things that require
ends (things like 'For', 'While', 'Repeat',...)  This could be a problem
if put like a goto in there or something.  Be careful not to
accidentally run into one of those ends without having started at the
top of the repeat loop.  Did you follow that? Hmm...that may have come
out a little more confusing than I had intended.  Anyway, just exactly
how were you intending to use the matrix to change levels.  If you have
the different levels recorded somewhere in the program than you have to
have every single spot in the matrix accounted for - for every single
level.  I think you will _very_ quickly run up the memory.  I'm not
looking at my calc right now, but I think the matrix was like 2000 bytes
or something. OUCH!  I don't know about you, but I'm still itching to
find some way around the matrix without losing the idea of the program.
Could you explain just exactly how you intended to record and change
each level?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net