Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Let's Create the Ultimate BASIC Program Everyone (I Mean Everyone)

In a message dated 1/24/99 10:25:42 PM Central Standard Time,
cflan@granitecity.com writes:

> I think that we should all group together and make one ultimate
>  program.
You know what program i'd like to see on a calculator but haven't started (cuz
it's so complex) is a chess program.  Not just graphics or anything, I mean a
calculator program that actually plays chess against you.  Of course, drawing
the board onscreen is relatively easy, (use an 8 X 8 matrix with zero for an
open square and one for a pawn . . . etc.) but I want to turn my 92+ into a
decent opponent.
	Here's my plan: one massive procedure that will look at the board and
virtually move a piece, then looking at the new board and determining a
numerical value based on how good the position is.  It does this for a bunch
of different possible moves and then chooses the one with the highest number.
I have an idea to increase the game's intelligence another way, but tell me
what you think of this one first.  It's gonna be hard, but I think I can do
it.  It'd be a lot easier if some of you were willing to help out, or if you
have any ideas share them.  Thanks.
PJC II