TIB: Something I just found out...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Something I just found out...

I didn't realize this cool little thing until just a couple of nights ago.  I don't know if anyone knew this before, but here goes.

Everybody knows how to call a program within a program, correct?  The coding would look something like this:

prgmGO
0->X: 0->Y
For(X,1,10)
X+1->X
If X=5
prgmSTOP
End
Stop

However, did you ever stop to think about calling the program that is currently running within itself?

prgmGO
If X=5
Goto 0
0->X: 0->Y
For(X,1,10)
X+1->X
If X=5
prgmGO
End
Stop
Lbl 0
Disp "This totally sucks ass"

This lets you essentially "restart" your program without putting a label at the top.  I thought this was really cool, but most of you probably already know this.  Oh, well.

Big MAC
TBPA