Re: TIB: Random Number Generation Different From The One Before

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Random Number Generation Different From The One Before

In a message dated 2/25/99 11:03:47 PM Central Standard Time,
gbjohnson@yahoo.com writes:

>  > If you do want a random integer (on the 86) why not use randint?
>  The syntax
>  > is randint(lower bound,upper bound) and it returns an integer
>  between lower
>  > and upper inclusive.  So you type randint(1,24)->C.
>  > PJC
>
>  wouldn't that give the possibility of having some numbers repeat?
Yeah, you have to check for it;  I was just responding to a lot of people who
used ipart(rand*24+1) and the like.  It's a tiny shortcut.
PJC