Re: TIB: Re: TI-89 worth it

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: TI-89 worth it

>  My opinion: definitely worth it.  But keep your 85 because my calculus
>  teacher has basically banned the 89 from all of his tests (despite the
>  fact it's legal on the AP test).
My AP physics teacher has banned all calculators on all her tests, and I think
it's a damn good idea.  You shouldn't rely on your calc for information
anyways; the calc is a tool not an advanced cheat sheet.  This is just my
opinion, but I should hope that the rest of the people on this list learn how
to do problems by hand FIRST and by calculator SECOND.
Paul J Chase II