Re: TIB: Need help with Chemistry program I made

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Need help with Chemistry program I made

In a message dated 11/16/98 9:43:07 PM Central Standard Time, I3l0I0IM@aol.com
writes:

> It it simple, it shows a few pictures persay, asks for any Atomic Number,
>  compares it to every number until it finds a true statement and I used a
> GOTO
>  command to take it to a lbl on down.  It's like that for all 109 elements.
>  The big loop is a goto command at the end to a menu that let's you start
> over
>  or quit.

OUCH!
And how massive is this program?  You know, the size would decrease
exponentially if you didn't have 109 if-then statements.  Anyways, your
program is also outdated.  There are 114 known elements (as of February 23rd
1998 at Ferme Labs)  Oh well.  There's no real way to speed up that program
without completely rewriting it.  However, should you choose to rewrite, it
could take up a lot less space and run much faster.
Paul J Chase II