Re: TIB: Mobius?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Mobius?

> I remember seeing a program called MOBIUS somewhere and I was wondering what
>  that was used for.  I think stores a series of 0s, 1s, and negative 1s in a
>  list or a vector.  It is used in the TAYLOR series approximation program,
> but
>  I still can't find what it's purpose is and what it is used for.
>
>  Can someone help me out here?
I don't know exactly what the prog does (I don't recall seeing it anywhere)
but a Mobius series is one which oscillates between two values at a precise
interval;  It can be used to make approximations by setting different values
for the high and low and setting the interval to (high - low) - number of
digits to round to.  It's highly accurate but takes a ton of memory; other
sequences can be used to approximate the behavior of large numerals much more
efficiently.  I was thinking of writing a progam that could handle huge
numbers (for an 85; possibly for an 82, but the numbers couldn't be as big).
If anyone needs or wants something like this, write back to the list.

Paul J Chase II

   "They little knew of brotherhood
    -the strength of fighting men-
    who once to prove a lie was good