Re: TIB: programming functions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

The Garth Johnson wrote:

> I want to program the three trig functions csc, cot, and sec into my
> 85.  The problem is that I want them to act just like the cos, sin,
> and tan that are built in.  First I tried something similar to this to
> each of the functions this:
>
> sec=1/cos
>
> I was hoping that the 85 treats formulas as macros, so that it would
> think that the function y1=sec x would be translated as y1=1/cos x.
> That doesn't work.
>
> I know that I could use something like
>
> sec=1/cos x
>
> but that wouldn't work just like the built in functions.  If i wanted
> to do something like sec (2x) it wouldn't work.
>
> Help!
>
> Come on people!  ticalc.org says that there are 98 people on this
> list!  Don't be afraid to answer!

I'm not sure about the TI-85, but the TI-92 can use a function within a
function. Maybe you can create a function called sec or whatever. The
equation would be called from another function.

Try it. I'm not sure if it works, but who knows.

To make the equation, type it in quotes and use the sto> button and
store it into a string. Then use the Catalog to find St>Eq to manke it
into an equation. Like I said, I don't know if it'll work. I don't have
my good TI-85 with me.
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html