TIB: programming functions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: programming functions

I want to program the three trig functions csc, cot, and sec into my
85.  The problem is that I want them to act just like the cos, sin,
and tan that are built in.  First I tried something similar to this to
each of the functions this:

sec=1/cos

I was hoping that the 85 treats formulas as macros, so that it would
think that the function y1=sec x would be translated as y1=1/cos x.
That doesn't work.

I know that I could use something like

sec=1/cos x

but that wouldn't work just like the built in functions.  If i wanted
to do something like sec (2x) it wouldn't work.

Help!

Come on people!  ticalc.org says that there are 98 people on this
list!  Don't be afraid to answer!
==
Garth Johnson
Visit my ever-improving website!