Re: TIB: wieghted dice (discussion ....... off-topic)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: wieghted dice (discussion ....... off-topic)

>>take a look at 2d6 for instance:
>>P(2) = 1/36
>>P(3) = 2/36
>>P(4) = 3/36
>>P(5) = 4/36
>>P(6) = 5/36
>>P(7) = 6/36
>>P(8) = 5/36
>>P(9) = 4/36
>>P(10)= 3/36
>>P(11)= 2/36
>>P(12)= 1/36
>>
>>It's a perfect bell-curve, averaging 7.0 a roll.
>>Fill me in ?! :-/
>

>I'm sure all of this means some thing to the rest of you, but all I get out
>of it is that you rolled 36 times and got more 7's than anything.  This
must
>be wrong.  please explain the true meanings of these numbers to me.

Because it was a 2d6, meaning that two six sided dice were thrown; the same
way you roll in Monopoly.  When you'll, there is only one way you can get a
two, but there are 6 different ways to get a seven on the same set of dice.
So you will statistically get 7's more often than any other number as long
as the dice are perfectly weighted.