Re: TIB: wieghted dice (discussion ....... off-topic)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: wieghted dice (discussion ....... off-topic)

>But then I don't understand, why should I get higher numbers more often
>than lower ones?
>
>take a look at 2d6 for instance:
>P(2) = 1/36
>P(3) = 2/36
>P(4) = 3/36
>P(5) = 4/36
>P(6) = 5/36
>P(7) = 6/36
>P(8) = 5/36
>P(9) = 4/36
>P(10)= 3/36
>P(11)= 2/36
>P(12)= 1/36
>
>It's a perfect bell-curve, averaging 7.0 a roll.
>Fill me in ?! :-/

I'm sure all of this means some thing to the rest of you, but all I get out
of it is that you rolled 36 times and got more 7's than anything.  This must
be wrong.  please explain the true meanings of these numbers to me.

Thank you,
Matthew

"Why me...?  My computer just had to crash in the middle of
printing my 50 page research paper!!!  Why me...?"
     --ME

you can e-mail me back at mobets@flash.net