Re: TIB: weighted dice

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: weighted dice

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> >> I had the routine run itself 1000 times and keep a tally of the results.
> >
> > A good method, I use it often too.
> > In this case though, you should note that the precise numbers are:
> > 3=16% 5=18% 6=20%. These are the intervals that you gave in your
> > program.
>
> The results I pointed out in that list were the tested ones, not the
> theoretical ones. I only estimated the theoretical value between 6
> and 1.

Oh good, this is a great subject, let's do "determinism and rand()
functions" :-)

> > Tell me about these flames...
>
> I am done arguing. As far as I am concerned, I won the argument,

You don't win an argument, you either find a solution, in which case
both "win", or you don't, in which case both agree that they don't
agree.
Just to be pedantic.

...And _I_ won! <g,d&r> (grin, duck & run)

> but you can feel free to hold any opinion you want. I don't want to
> hear about this again and do not intend to respond about it again.
> It's just "water over the bridge." I don't consider us enemies or
> anything different than I did before the argument. It's done. I am
> no longer associating you with that argument in these mailings.

Fine by me. (But avoiding the end of the discussion is not the same
thing as being right).

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
man: Why did you get a divorce?