Re: TIB: lots of help needed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: lots of help needed

At 03:45 PM 2/14/98 EST, you wrote:

That was too confusing, so i came up with another way, but i still have a
problem.

I prompt for six things stored in variables
A,B,C,x,y,z

I input A,B,C with zero.
I then input x,y,z with a number, lets say six.

After all that, i test

If (A+B+C)=0
then
disp "sin"
else
disp "cos"

Well, since i put zero in A,B,C it should disp "sin" but it displays "cos"
Is there something wrong with my calculator math processor or something?

>>> :6->dimL list1
>>
>> This looks promising, but could you explain the dimL list1 function.  I
>> mean exactly and very detailed, so that i might know what i'm doing in the
>> program.
>
>List1 is a list of real numbers. "DimL list1" tells you how many num-
>bers are in list1. If list1 is [1,3,2,8,27], then DimL list1 is 5 because
>there are 5 numbers in list1. You can also store numbers to DimL
>list1. If list1 still is as above, "7->DimL list1" will make it [1,3,2,8,27,
>0,0]. "2->DimL list1" will make it [1,3]. When you want to create a
>new list, you start with {number of elements I want in my list}->DimL
>{the name for my new list}. It will create a list with your chosen name
>and number of elements, all of which start being zeros.
>
>>> :Input "Do you know A?",t
>>> :t->exist[1]
>>
>> I know you're storing the variable t into exist[1], but what is the [1]
for?

>That tells the calculator which number to store it to. :3->DimL exist :5->
>exist[2] would make exist equal [0,5,0]. Exist[2]->x would make x=5.
>
>>> :If exist[1]
>>
>> You just have If exist [1], what's the condition it's testing?
>
>That was a basic trick to save memory. Type "1==1" on the homescreen.
>then type "2==1". It will give you 1 if the statement is true and 0 if it is
>false. All "if" does is check to see if the result is 1 or more. If it is, it
>runs
>the next line (or then statement). So "If exist[1]" will run the next line if
>exist[1] is 1 or more and skip it (or the then statement) if it is 0 or less.
>Now that I think about it, I don't remember what it does between 0 and 1.

Alex

Visit my homepage at:
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/coding/190/index.html

Or email me at: