Re: TIB: lots of help needed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: lots of help needed

>> :6->dimL list1
>
> This looks promising, but could you explain the dimL list1 function.  I
> mean exactly and very detailed, so that i might know what i'm doing in the
> program.

List1 is a list of real numbers. "DimL list1" tells you how many num-
bers are in list1. If list1 is [1,3,2,8,27], then DimL list1 is 5 because
there are 5 numbers in list1. You can also store numbers to DimL
list1. If list1 still is as above, "7->DimL list1" will make it [1,3,2,8,27,
0,0]. "2->DimL list1" will make it [1,3]. When you want to create a
new list, you start with {number of elements I want in my list}->DimL
{the name for my new list}. It will create a list with your chosen name
and number of elements, all of which start being zeros.

>> :Input "Do you know A?",t
>> :t->exist[1]
>
> I know you're storing the variable t into exist[1], but what is the [1] for?

That tells the calculator which number to store it to. :3->DimL exist :5->
exist[2] would make exist equal [0,5,0]. Exist[2]->x would make x=5.

>> :If exist[1]
>
> You just have If exist [1], what's the condition it's testing?

That was a basic trick to save memory. Type "1==1" on the homescreen.
then type "2==1". It will give you 1 if the statement is true and 0 if it is
false. All "if" does is check to see if the result is 1 or more. If it is, it
runs
the next line (or then statement). So "If exist[1]" will run the next line if
exist[1] is 1 or more and skip it (or the then statement) if it is 0 or less.
Now that I think about it, I don't remember what it does between 0 and 1.