Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

At 09:22 PM 2/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

>About AHSME, appearently my math teacher didn't think I was capable of
>getting a good score on it, as only people he choose got to take it and
>everyone else in my period got to take it. I think I would do better than
>anyone there :)

That's segregation.  Sue your school for NOT letting you take the test.  It
looks good on a resume and college applications that you like to go out on
a limb to try new things.  Your teacher isn't allowed to restrict you from
this competition by your Constitutional Rights.  This test was free and so
he has no right to restrict you from taking it, since segregation violates
the Constitution of the United States of America and he segregated you and
possibly others from taking the test, he disobeyed the law and therefore
violated his rights as a citizen of the U.S. as does any other criminal.

BTW, this is one of the toughest math tests you can possibly ever take
(next to the 10, 5-7 hour exams, you have to take to become a member of the
Society of Actuaries).  Even though it is tough, it never really hurts to
try to see if you can make it to the next level.

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

  Spam-Fighter code is:  14806560   (New technique to fighting spam)
  Enter "Spam-Fighter:  XXXXXXXX" in the body of a personal message
  to thruska@tir.com.  Otherwise the message will be filtered as spam.

Follow-Ups: References: