Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: Wheee

Bryan Rabeler wrote:
[...]

> Nope, thats right.  They want to stop people from just random guessing.

Maybe they should skip on the multiple choice and make a decent test...
The ones we have present different problems with different point values.
Let's say one has 20 points. It will usually be split up inot 4-6 parts
that need to be done, and they will each have a different weight within
the 20 points.
If you do the right math but end up with a wrong answer (errore humanum
est) they will dock you a point, two max!
If you get it wrong but they can see from your calculations that you
were thinking the right thing, this might earn you a few points still,
so it is important to write down everything you think in math terms.
Another good thing is that if you cast away multiple choice everything
will be individual, and this is particularly good with our grade system.
The grades are:
00 - not there.
03 - BAD!.
5 - Failed.
6 - Barely made it.
7 - below average.
8 - average.
9 - above average.
10 - Very good.
11 - Superb/almost perfect/perfect.
13 - Above perfect, given for the "unusually good individual
performance"

As you can see, 13 is for those who do something truly brilliant, like
my a friend of my big brother's did when he was in High school/college:
He took the center part of his physics test, the most important part,
and solved it in two different ways. He then wrote which way was the
best, and why. (smartass ;-)

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
'How is my lovemaking?