Re: TIB: Re: NT- TOO HARD TO USE

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: NT- TOO HARD TO USE

I may have a better one. I go to the GM Technical Academy (engineering), and the
computers there are supplied and maintained by EDS. Of course they have a security
program that stops you from deleting, copying or moving files, and also restricts
BIOS access. One little problem, most of the programing was done with batch files.
Open notepad, hack a few files, change paths, and viola, no more security! This is
EDS I'm talking about here! These guys are stupid!!

Rene Kragh Pedersen wrote:

> Grant Stockly wrote:
> >
> > >That b/c schools can't afford a real techy who knows what they are doing.
> >
> > Well, she has gone to 3 of those $900 microsoft seminars...expense paid by
> > the school
> >
> > >They just use an employee that already works there and they think knows the
> > >most about computers.  Even though, at least at my HS, there are other
> > >teachers that are more qualified.  Our school has almost all IBM compatibles
> > >and a few Macs and our techy is a Mac lover.  : (
> >
> > Does qualified mean they freak out when the computer boots up to:
> >
> > LILO Boot:
> >
> > ...  :)
>
> Heh, at my old school we had two separate computer rooms. One that was
> locked, and one that had free access. The locked one had the best
> computers and a good control so that we didn't tamper with them.
> However, one day a geography teacher had reserved the room for her
> students. One of them changed the screen blanker text and left his
> computer for a couple of mins. Suddenly, the teacher panicked, as the
> comp wrote to her: This computer has been infected by virus. Turn it off
> immediately!
>
> ...Imagine the pissed off sysadm when Windows wasn't closed properly,
> and the laughing students when they heard the story :-D
>
> --
>           Rene Kragh Pedersen
> 'How is my lovemaking?
> Unmatched '.