Re: TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

> Make an encryption algorithm! I quickly got swallowed up in math when I
> tried to find the most efficient way of doing this (processing for
> example two lists of 100 elements each is faster than processing one
> list of 200 elements).
> With that finished, my next project became: Make a function that, given
> a list, shuffles it efficiently and returns the result, again, as a
> list.

Now THAT sounds interesting. Did you actually finish the encryption
algorithm? I wrote about a dozen programs that all did various
encryption and decryption stuff from back in the WWII days. Simple
stuff like a Caesar shift, a Vigenere encryption and decryption (if
you knew the keyword), a program that could give the highest probable
shift of a Caesar shift (so long as there wasn't a keyword involved),
a program that displayed digrams, one that displayed trigrams, a porta
encipherment, a nihilst encipherment, a program that displayed a
frequency graph in alphabetical order, another program that let you
choose between looking at a chart that showed how many of each letter
and what % each letter took up and a _decreasing_ letter frequency
graph (it showed the most frequently used letter at the far left,
followed by the next most frequent...), a program that used the graph
screen to display the coded text and allowed the user to input what a
given letter actually was in plain text above the coded text (all of
those letters would then have the plain text above them), a program
that used a sequence of dots on the graph screen to encode up to 217
letters and store them (coded in two different ways) as a picture, and
finally, a program to decode that picture. Whew! I'm out of breath! :)
Well, I was getting so into it that I didn't stop to record them as a
I finished, and I dropped my calc before I got any of them recorded.

What did you mean by shuffling a list? Do you mean have a list of 52
cards, and shuffle it?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net

Follow-Ups: References: