Re: TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Back to TI-BASICs

I looked at that code, one indented and one not. I could follow each
one not to bad. You probably won't believe this, but I still like
un-indented - especially in the calc. I tend to count how many loops
deep I'm in, and then when I get done it's just a matter of putting
that many ends. I guess I shouldn't get stuck in my ways since the
rest of the world uses indents.

The reason that I said "I tend to think I forgot something" was
because of the way that I do things. Before I start anything I usually
already have an idea of what everything will be like, what everything
should do, and a pretty good idea of how to do it. When I actually go
to write the code, I just start at the beginning and write each thing
in the order that it appears. Take, for instance, a game where the
user enters their name. This will be one of the first things that I
program in a game. However, I don't want to have to input a name every
single time the program is run until I'm finally finished. To get
around this, I simple put a Goto 99 in front and a Lbl 99 after
whatever I want to skip. But I'm also very careful about putting 3
spaces in front and 3 spaces after, so I can come back and easily find
that spot.
:ClrHome:ClrDraw
:
:Goto 99
:
:Input Str1
:
:Lbl 99
:
:Prompt X,Y
:ClrHome

Now if I see a _single_ space I start wondering why its there. Did I
forget to add a space? did I accidentally hit clear and wiped a line?
Did I....

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net

Follow-Ups: References: