Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

> RISC and CISC cannot be used to compare two chips to say which one is
> better.

Yes the can. All 680x0s have a CISC Processor that includes (I assume) the
Amiga which uses the 68060. The Power Macs have a RISC chip and you must
admit a 6100/60 is a LOT faster than a Quadra 840AV

> Graphlink runs faster on a mac then a PC?  Where do you get that from?  How
> can it run faster, all it does is send files to and from the calculator?  I
> hardly notice a difference between a 386 and a Pentium running it.

Sorry, this is not true. Even though the Mac version of Graphlink for 86 is
wicked cool. It is the same speed as the PC version. The PC version is a
LOT faster when using a homemade cable.

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Guy, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.

Follow-Ups: References: