Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

> Windows (3.x) runs on top of DOS, but Win95 does not.  It is a stand alone
> system that happens to be packaged with DOS.  If you don't believe me, talk
> to Microsoft.

Windows 95 does indeed, just ask Microsoft :)

Windows 95 is still limited to 8.3 names stick the files on a floppy see
what happens. While the Mac will soon be limited to 256, but is now limited
to 32 in a file and 27 in a disk.

If you are fast enough and have the first release of Win95 go to shutdown
and type cls and press return.

ANd if its not on top of DOS why does it boot into Dos?

---
I pledge allegiance to the Mac of Apple Computer Incorporated, and to the
developers for which it stands, one platform, under Guy, indestructible,
with creativity and multimedia for all.