> From: Rene Kragh Pedersen <u971168@daimi.aau.dk>
> To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org <ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org>
> Date: Tuesday, February 03, 1998 3:43 PM
> Subject: Re: TIB: HAL

> >> Every Day
> >
> >What do you do on them, and what is it you don't like about them?
> >
> I am in year book in HS and our teacher hates PC's

Oh, I see, that sounds like an _incredibly_ good reason to dislike a
piece of hardware... ?!

> >> Even the good, brand new,50something MB ram one seems slow
> >
> >I would like to know specifically what you are referring to, what it is
> >used for, and in what connection.
> >Is it your impression that a PC would be better at whatever task you use
> >the Mac for?
>
> We use aldus Page maker.  Auto cad r13 ran better on my slow pc than things
> Pagemaker runs on this mac.  All I know about it is that is is new, but old
> enough for a school to aford (couple years maybe????)

That doesn't give me any clue as to what kind of hardware it has. My bet
is, you're using an outdated piece of machinery.

> >> Their only strong point
> >
> >Along with better economy in their laptops (compare the power usage on a
> >laptop Pentium and a Powerbook), better OS, faster chipsets, superior
> >chipset structure, more reliability (don't crash as often as PC's) + the
> >stuff I couldn't recall at the moment.
>
> PC's don't crash Windows crashes.  As I stated before, Win95 sucks (because
> it is so unstable.  Other wies, I like it), but it is the leading OS and if
> you want decent software, you must use it.

Granted, it is the OS that makes the PC unstable, but what would it be
without the OS? All of the lovely programs everyone refer to require
Win95.
Yes, it is the leading OS, saleswise, no you do need it to run 'decent'
software. Besides, that doesn't make the Mac a bad platform, does it?
You will also find that numerous programs on the PC are ported from Mac
programs with the effect being that the Mac programs perform better and
take up less HD space.

[snip]
> >How old is the Mac you are using?
> >
> Not sure, the one that is 17? moniter and computer all in one.  has CD rom,
> 56? MB ram.  3G HD

The interesting thing is the performance, we need the chip...

[snip]

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
man: Why did you get a divorce?