Re: TIB: HAL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: HAL

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Kragh Pedersen <u971168@daimi.aau.dk>
To: ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org <ti-basic@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 03, 1998 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: TIB: HAL

>Matthew wrote:
>>
>> >Why do Macs suck?
>> >Have you worked with Macs recently?
>>
>> Every Day
>
>What do you do on them, and what is it you don't like about them?

I am in year book in HS and our teacher hates PC's

>> >Is it because they have superior processing power over the PC's?
>>
>> Even the good, brand new,50something MB ram one seems slow
>
>I would like to know specifically what you are referring to, what it is
>used for, and in what connection.
>Is it your impression that a PC would be better at whatever task you use
>the Mac for?

We use aldus Page maker.  Auto cad r13 ran better on my slow pc than things
Pagemaker runs on this mac.  All I know about it is that is is new, but old
enough for a school to aford (couple years maybe????)

>> >Is it because they are used by professionals within for example computer
>> >graphics?
>>
>> Their only strong point
>
>Along with better economy in their laptops (compare the power usage on a
>laptop Pentium and a Powerbook), better OS, faster chipsets, superior
>chipset structure, more reliability (don't crash as often as PC's) + the
>stuff I couldn't recall at the moment.

PC's don't crash Windows crashes.  As I stated before, Win95 sucks (because
it is so unstable.  Other wies, I like it), but it is the leading OS and if
you want decent software, you must use it.

>> >Is it because they use Motorola chips (like in the TI-92)?
>>
>> Didn't know that.
>
>They are one of Motorola's biggest customers. The Power series were
>designed by IBM, Motorola, and Apple.
>
>How old is the Mac you are using?

Not sure, the one that is 17? moniter and computer all in one.  has CD rom,
56? MB ram.  3G HD