Re: TIB: ASM Utilities From BASIC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: ASM Utilities From BASIC

There is not ASM from Basic on the 85.  The closest thing is at program that
compiles hex data into a ZShell program.  I understand somewhat how ASM is run
on an 85.  BAck in 1994 or so it was found that when you hacked the custom
pointers and made the point to you shell it was possible to run ASM.  After
that the shell works similar to those on other calcs.  I believe that ASM run
from Basic is possible; however, it is not efficient enough.  If an ASM
program was written that allowed the user to edit ASM files, on calc editing
for asm would be possible.  One drawback: you must not make a mistake or your
calc will freeze.  It is not a great option for the 85.

Greg Sharp