Re: TIB: some questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: some questions

Anthony Guzzi wrote:

[snip]

> I have a game that I got from someone that has a high score function.  It's
> very basic, at the end of the game, it takes your score, and compares it to
> the old high score, if it is larger than that variable, it writes your
> score over the variable.
> Anyhow, when I copy the game for somebody, I have to copy the variable
> also, or else if the person tries to run the program and the high score
> variable isn't there, the program errors out.
> What I want to do is somehow write a line that does something like "if
> HighScoreVariable doesn't exist, create one and set it to zero."

I'm not sure about the 85, but the TI-92 has a function called
Try...Endtry.
This, combined with PassErr would be a possibility (provided the command
exists).

I just finished a game where the ten highest scores are saved.
I then wrote a program to link two 92's, get the lists, compare them,
generate the appropriate new lists with the ten highest scores, and put
them back in place.
This way, when you meet your friends, the best one gets to annoy the
others by taking first place on their calcs :-)

--
          Rene Kragh Pedersen
What's up???