SD: Re: Deciphering files with a hex editor

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: Re: Deciphering files with a hex editor

First of all get DASMZ80 so you can see the assembly code. Then get a ROM
image fomr another calc (ti82 or 5), and the files desribing the ROM and RAM
for the other calc. Then locate the place in the ROM where the function you
want to locate can be found. Look at the source code for it, and try to find
something similar in the TI73 ROM, once you have done that you now where he
function is. Keeping doign this for all the function you want to find.

To find out where stuff is located in the RAM or which ports are used use
the same method. Start by finding a function which uses the RAM addr or port
which you want information on, and then locate the same function in the TI73
ROM. ONce you have done that you can find the correct port/RAM adfdr by
comparing the source.

DInes
 Dines Justesen
  We don't believe this to be a coincidence."     -- Jeremy S. Anderson
 Email: dines@aub.dk
 WWW:   www.student.dtu.dk/~c958362