Re: SD: Re: ASM implementation on the 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Re: ASM implementation on the 82

> Just out of curiousity, how were you able to find info about the TI-73
> without the use of a backup file? I am very new to shell hacking, and want

The backup files are only needed to get the shell installed. The best way to
find information about a calc is looking at the ROM.

> to do this mostly to get experience. I have a reasonably good hex editor,

You will probably want to look at DASMZ80 form ticalc.org

> but am still learning the basics of it. I'm pretty versed in z80, so
> actually programming the shell shouldn't be a problem. If you could tell
me
> how to interpret the hex editor in order to find out where various crap
is,
> it would be most helpful.

There is really no easy solution. Look at the Z80 code and see if it makes
sense, if it does it is probably a function, otherwise it is probably data.
If you have another calc comparing the contents of the two ROMs is a very
easy way to find functions in the ROM.

Dines