Re: SD: Basic shells

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Basic shells

>I do believe that this was done... Wasn't there a Windows 95 clone
attempt?
>I remember testing it out on my calc (Pain in the butt to move around
and to
>get to different programs, also games that are quick such as zkart you
>restart often at speed 5 so you don't want to navigate through menus to
play
>it again instead you just hit ENTER), basically people want small and
>straight to the point shells to leave more room for the Games :)
Actually, I have completed a Windows '95 style GUI. If people want me to
release it, email me and ask. I have been too lazy to put the finishing
touches on it (like a Rom patch), but I may if people want it. It has
password protection, shutdown, start menu, contrast control, displays
memory free, battery power indicator and will have APD if someone tells
me how to implement it. I will also probably add a Documents folder that
will display the contents of text files, like Windows Notepad. It is
currently about 2000 bytes...but will be a little smaller after final
optimizations.

Email me if you want it released...

francis_smith@hotmail.com