Re: LZ-Adv: .db's once again please have a look

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: .db's once again please have a look

>	I have no interest in messing with other people's programs. I'm
>trying to learn how to use .db's in the program that I am already
>making. I need to know how to  create a self-modifying string, and I need
>to know how to store and access .db's for graphics. I hope my question is
>now clearer.
>
>Thanks
>
>.\\ark

<some code>
ld hl, SaveMemory
ld de, (PROGRAM_ADDR)
add hl, de
<some more code>

SaveMemory:
   .db "This game is saved",0

the first three lines of code cause hl to contain an address of the
location the the SaveMem .db in memory.  Then you can ld data into this
memory address, but keep in mind you are limited to the amout of memory
taken up by this when the program was compiled.

                                     -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.