Re: LZ-Adv: Re: ZShell Adv.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ-Adv: Re: ZShell Adv.

>What is a parser, and what would it do?
>
>Oh, yeah... I forgot.  How can I call one ZShell program from another?

A parser is a program that searches through code and
converts/compiles/assembles it.  A basic parser would take a basic program
and run it.  It would output when it saw 'print' etc.
If the programs move arround, I don't know.

>So when I hit a menu key, the OS calls a function that displays the name
>of the function onto the home screen?

Essentially.

>From the ZSHELL.DOC file :
>
>2) The calculator dynamically rearranges its memory, so there is never an
>sure way to pinpoint the location of a program in order to access data
>and do JUMPs and CALLs.  One way to circumvent this problem is to recall
>a picture variable into the graphics memory (8641).

     Well, then Zshell must move arround unless there is a 'flag' that can
be set to keep the os from moving it.
     When you delete a file, data is taken from else where to fill the
'hole' you left when the file was deleted.  Maybe this is what the author
meant by rearranging.  It's probably not done randomly, but only for
certian reasons, and thus you could dynamically find the address of a
program and jump to it.  If this is the case, maybe ZShell takes up the
first several bytes in ram, and thus the os never needs to move it.
     I have never seen this 'ZSHELL.DOC' file before, can you email it to
me?  Thanks a lot!  My address is cjo@pobox.com.

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.