Re: Downloads from TI web page

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Downloads from TI web page

    Yes, I'm sorry I failed to mention that previously, I intended to.  My
downloads work fine, as long as I right-click on the "download" link and
select "Save Target As..."  It then shows the correct file for download, and
the Instructions.htm file does not cause a problem.  When I left-click,
however, IE displays only one download dialog box, containing
Instructions.htm, as opposed to two.  I looked at that website for
Microsoft, and it appears that this problem applies only to users with the
Service Pack 1 update.  They say they have a fix, but since Microsoft's
Support methods are so slow-moving and sometimes costly, I can work on a
patch for the problem.  If you can retrieve the patch from MS yourself,
great, but otherwise I'll have a patch completed in a little bit.  Until
then, just use the right-click work-around.  BTW, the IC and IS on some
version #s apparently have something to do with Service Pack Updates.  Make
sure you check out
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q281/1/19.asp for more on
the subject, as Ray suggested.

    Thanks,