Re: Ti-86, ROM 1.3: BUG with function of function!?

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ti-86, ROM 1.3: BUG with function of function!?

yes, that is obviously a bug. It switches into the normal roaming cursor
mode while using the trace cursor. It's not a feature, and It still happens
on my newer 1.6 ROM 86.

As Ray has said, your function is incorrect, though. y2=y1/x is the correct
one, and it works flawlessly. The question really now is why y2=y1(x)/x,
which should be interpreted by the OS as y2=(y1*x)/x, which equals y1. But
the graph incorrectly displays this as if y2=y1/x. That, also, is definitely
a bug, which just happened to catch you, Johan.

--
M   M IIIII TTTTT  CCC  H   H  OOO
MM MM   I     T   C   C H   H O   O

"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something
about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is
purely destructive. We've created life in our own image."-Stephen Hawking