Re: TI vs HP newsgroup?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI vs HP newsgroup?

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:12:59 +0100, "Steen Schmidt"
<SSchmidt@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote:

>Who do you think you are? Why don't you respond with this to the ng?
>
>I've never cross posted on any newsgroups, and this was just a suggestion,
>since I saw somebody else complaining about it.
>
>I know for a fact that the numeric solver on the HP is both more accurate
>and faster than the one on the TI89/92 series.
>
>I have used this HP48GX for many years now and can assure you that I know
>what I'm doing, so please stop your child-like behaviour.
>
>Anything else regarding our discussions will from now on be per ng!
>
>Have a nice one.

Well, I responded to you in the group Steen, and judging from the
email you sent me, you seem upset.  Here's the email:

>From:
>        "Steen Schmidt" <SSchmidt@vip.cybercity.dk>Add to Address Book
>    To:
>        <pucuf@yahoo.com>
> Subject:
>        fucked
>   Date:
>        Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:48:02 +0100
>
>Test.
>
>beat up the fuckoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Prepare to be found and checked!

Now you seem upset.  you emailed me, not posted!  I'm confused Steen.
Here's how I see it.
1)  I emailed you in a matter I felt imappropritiate for the group.
2)  You apparently thought it needed to go to the group, so you posted
to the group.
3) I responded in the forum in which you responded to me.
4)  You get upset, and send me profane email.

How does that fit into your statement that "Anything else regarding
our discussions will from now on be per ng." like you said?

May I remind you Steen that it was you who chose to bring this back up
in the group?

Still you are claiming that "I know for a fact that the numeric solver
on the HP is both more accurate
and faster than the one on the TI89/92 series."
Except, by trying your claim on my 92, I get the result in well under
a second.  You said it took the HP over a second.
Maybe there's a language problem here.  What I do,  to see which piece
of equipment does a job faster, I see which one does the same job in
less time.  I say something is faster, if it does the same job in less
time.  How do you do it?
Let's not forget that you got the WRONG answer in MORE time.  For me,
I still call the TI better.

Anyhow, just to check your results, I tried your equation on my HP
48GX.  Using an initial guess of 0, my HP took over 2 seconds!! But it
did return the correct answer pretty close to 1.53.  But WAY slower
than my 92.  Again, like I said my finger was barely off the enter key
on my 92 before I had the CORRECT answer.

So can you back up your claim that "I know for a fact that the numeric
solver on the HP is both more accurate
and faster than the one on the TI89/92 series."?  I think you are just
making stuff up.  Reality seems to bear your claims out.