Re: Trying to copy TI's link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Trying to copy TI's link

Philipp Keller <pkiller@innocent.com> wrote:
: The docs I was refering to are two .gif schematics of the "PIClink" in
: the text directory at the ticalc.org archives, I know virtually
: nothing about electronics though so I have no idea how that works...

Well the PIC is a popular microcontroller so someone else must have
had the same idea.  Of course building it is a little harder than the
other homemade links, since the software moust be loaded onto the PIC.
As well as the circuit you would need the software for the PIC and
whatever it needed to load it (I am not sure what that means for the
PIC).

Essentially it is a small computer that reads the TI protocol on one
side and RS232 on the other.

--
Shawn D'Alimonte - sdalimon@ee.ryerson.ca
-----Under university lab conditions, the laws of nature do not apply-----