Re: Trying to copy TI's link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Trying to copy TI's link

Tom Lake <tomlake@slic.com> wrote:
: There's proprietary code in chips embedded in the cable end itself.  You'd
: have to get those chips out and dump their contents to a file and create new
: chips for the duplicate cable.

Isn't that the cable that looks like a 9600bps serial device to the
computer?  Shouldn't it be possible to use a microcontroller to
duplicate it without having to reverse engineer TI's cable?  The TI
link protocol is reasonably well documented in various text files
available from ticalc.org.

Any small microcontroller with RS232 capability should be suitable
(and it wouldn't surprise me if that is all the TI cable is).

To bad I don't have any microcontrollers around to try this.  Anyone
want to take a shot at this?

--
Shawn D'Alimonte - sdalimon@ee.ryerson.ca
-----Under university lab conditions, the laws of nature do not apply-----