Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

I have never used a HP, mainly because my high school supports TIs.
The way I've alway seen it, is that the TIs were easier to use, and
pretty much everything was simpler with them than the HPs, that's why
high school students get TIs.

Then you have engineers and stuff using HPs, did TIs comparable to HPs
even exist back when they where in school? Or maybe in a few years,
I'll realize that TIs aren't enough for me, and that I need to get a
HP, until then I'm happy with my TI.

What I think about this "TI/HP war": useless, childish, dumb,
pointless, etc. Why can't people try to keep an open mind?

PK

Steen Schmidt <SSchmidt@vip.cybercity.dk> wrote in message
77touv$p3d$1@news.cybercity.dk">news:77touv$p3d$1@news.cybercity.dk...

>Eric P. Esterle skrev i meddelelsen
><77rd2u$592$1@news.campbellcounty.com>...
>>To say the HP makes bad calculators is strictly your opinion.  Yes,
they
>are
>>slow but they are in the process of updating their line, 48G+.  The
GX
>still
>>has some options, such as equation libraries, which won't be on the
89 or
>>92Plus until more engineering software is released.  Most people
that don't
>>like HP's never spent enough time actually learning them.  For
example,
>unit
>>conversions are still much faster on the GX than the 89/92Plus, but
the
>>89/92Plus unit conversions are much more customizable and more
easily
>>defined.  In short, I prefer both.
>>
>>brand neutral
>>--
>>
>>-Eric P. Esterle-
>

>Slow???? At what. Have you ever tried inverting a 30x30 matrix on a
TI92? It
>usually takes around 8-10 minutes! This takes approx. 30 seconds on
the HP.
>You see, that's what you'll need to do some times, when using it for
>something else but toying around.
>
>I have never noticed that unit conversions on the HP should be slow?
They

www.hpcalc.org
>alone is represented around 3000 for the HP48! And they are nut just
games
>and crap programs. Many of them are written by professors, teachers
and
>engineers. The HP48 is based on a CPU which is more than 10 years old
and is
>still in every discipline beating the TI calcs! That's not something
to be
>proud of if you are a programmer working for Texas Instruments.
>
>I still need to meet an engineer here in Denmark who actually uses
ANY TI
>calculator in his work or anywhere else. The discussion of which calc
is the
>best is only still undecided in preschool!
>
>If anybody wants to challenge the usability of the HP48 against any
TI calc,