Re: LaPlace Transforms in TI89 and HP48 compared by Perez-Franco

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LaPlace Transforms in TI89 and HP48 compared by Perez-Franco

In article <36A2BA80.BB91180@xmissionNOSPAM.com>,
  Thanh Nguyen <midvale@xmissionNOSPAM.com> wrote:
> So what?

So it is good to know how and where to do the fastest LaPlace transform (not
to mention that there are functions that I have not been able to transform in
HP and that TI have made with no problem at all).

> I'm sure the TI89 is faster than the HP48 at almost everything!

So am I.

> However, the HP48 is at least 8 years old and the TI89 is less than one.

I know that.

> I think that's pathetic, someone who buys a TI has to wait 8 years to buy
something that beats the HP.

That's why I bought HP in first place, two years ago, and then another HP one
year ago, and just until now, when TI have something good to offer, I buy TI.
Always the best.

> many people, including me, still like the HP48 over the TI89

Including me, too.

> the HP can still do many things that the TI can't.

I can mention a lot. HP is more flexible. HP is more programable. HP is more
expandable. HP is easier to transfer info with PC. HP is better in a lot of
features. No doubts on that.

> Anyways, the HP calculator is a solid investment

That's why I have two HP's.

> a newer version, I'll be investing in 2 of those as well.

I will buy one, too.

> > [ LaPlace Transforms in TI89 and HP48 compared by Perez-Franco ]

I think the comparation I made is a good thing to know, and you can bet that
I'll make all LaPlace transformations in class using TI because it is better
than HP in that specific skill. But HP will still be used for the most of my
things. Because I use the best in each area. Where TI is better, I use TI.
Where HP is better, I use HP. Where Casio is better, I use Casio.

And that does not mean neither that I do not understand the differences
between both of them nor that I am a blind fan of HP or any other calculator.
I just use the best I can afford for each case.